2015年3月12日木曜日

The Admiral & The Prince of Whales



The Admiral & The Prince of Whales

I'm a seafaring admiral!
well, I'm the Prince of Whales;
let's chat a bit, for - I'm sure of it -
we both have thrilling tales

I fought with sea serpents thrice your size
while my crew mates quivered in fear;
t'was how I got my admiral's stripes
and a scar upon my ear

I plunged the deepest, darkest depths
quite eager to explore, 
and there I saw a giant squid
with twenty limbs, or more!

I've battled pirates wickeder than
devils beyond the Styx,
took all I had to overcome
their cunning pirate tricks

my songs have brought the angels down
from Paradise to hear
a golden harp they gave me;
it's a treasure I hold dear

a wave once rose to drown my ship
'twas higher than the sky
but I'm a seasoned sailing man,
victorious was I!

I've swum from pole to pole
and drunk from all the Seven Seas
all brine upon this turquoise pearl
I navigate with ease!
  
I too! I've tasted all
the ocean's bounties and its banes;
it's made me! Why, it's brine,
not blood, that courses through my veins!

Time's never wasted talking with
a gent who knows the sea!
Likewise, good prince; yet, leave I must


my mom is calling me!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿